Explore our Pet Care Technician Certificate
The perfect way to learn all about pets and get your animal care career started
Is Pet Care Technician Certificate For Me?
Optimal pet care is best. Our pets depend on us every day. We love them and want to give them the best. They are telling us things all the time but are we listening? Do you have the skills to ‘listen’ to pets, provide for their needs and help them when they are in trouble?
By studying the Pet Care Technician Certificate you will gain a deep understanding of the handling and care of pets such as dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, mice and birds.
Recognise and learn how to handle pets:
- learn about identifying animals by breed or type
- understand about identifying animals as individuals
- gain an understanding of their basic behaviour
- understand how to handle and restrain them
Identify the needs of pets and provide the best care:
- learn about the nutrition and feeding of pets
- find out about grooming
- understand the principles of hygiene and cleaning
Understand common diseases spread between pets and how to prevent them:
- gain a basic understanding of the causes of infection and how they are spread
- learn about the common infections diseases of pets
Understand the common parasites affecting pets and their life cycles:
- recognise the different types of parasites
- learn how internal parasites affect pets
- learn how external parasites affect pets
Manage and maintain pet health:
- learn about preventative health routines for pets
- understand animal examination procedures and observations
- recognise the signs of ill health
- learn how to administer common medications
Understand first aid actions for pet care:
- learn about the principles of first aid
- find out how to administer first aid for a range of common conditions
- Enrollment duration: 6 months
- $495.00 AUD
Who should undertake this program?
Anyone who wishes to develop a deeper understanding of the pet care and handling:
- People working in pet shops, boarding or day care facilities
- People looking to enter the pet care industries but don’t have access to work placements
- Caring owners who wish to understand their pets and take better care of them
- Downloadable notes for each module
- Lessons and activities
- Certificate of achievement
If you are looking for nationally recognised qualifications in pet care and veterinary nursing, visit our qualifications website at Animal Industries Resource Centre.
Get in touch to see how your business can benefit with CCG
Talking to us is about discovery, find out how can help you.
Hear what some of our clients think:
Strategic Planning and Partner AlignmentCrampton Consulting Group have been an integral part of Pacific Vetcare's dramatic growth and development for over ten years. Three areas that they have made a major difference to our practice in the last 12 months are; their guidance and insight into the development of our new strategic pan, their experience and ideas for the induction of two new partners and the empowerment of our practice manager.
Business CoachingOver the past three years we have used Crampton Consulting Group to guide our staff and business to a much better place. Their business coaching package has enabled us to easily benchmark my business and by ways of simple graphs, let me know how the business and individual vets are tracking. Their training and assessing of the staff and development of a Staff Handbook has become the backbone of accountability that has helped in every facet of the business.
Team ProfilingOur team came away buzzing and focussed with a greater appreciation for each other, their personality types and their roles within the practice.
In Practice TrainingThe results have been fantastic. The nurses are really taking ownership of the anaesthetics and patient care which is a positive thing for them and the patients! In short, it was the best clinic training we have ever had, nurse or vet based!
Customer Service IntelligenceThe team took away not only a better understanding and appreciation of customer service but more importantly how they can improve on this. I would have no hesitation in recommending this to practices wishing to improve the customer service aspect of their business.
ProSkills Online LearningOn being advised to complete an online course through ProSkills I thought it would be like other time consuming courses that other companies offer. Once starting the course, it was so educational and quick i couldn't believe it. I learnt so much that will help me in clinic. Thank you ProSkills for providing a quick and educational course that I will be happy to recommend to anyone in the profession. Also, some of the vets got hold of my notes and learnt a thing or two. Just shows anyone can learn from doing a ProSkills.
ProSkills Online LearningI have participated in three Crampton Consulting Group courses covering HR and marketing subjects. CCG have given me so much fantastic advice and I've been able to implement a ton of it back in my clinic.
Leadership IntelligenceThe course has been great and has really given me the confidence to tackle tricky staff issues. I feel that it has removed the uncertainty surrounding situations and will benefit me for years to come.