Clinical Intelligence: Dentistry (Foundation Skills)
Dentistry is a crucial clinical competency for all members of the veterinary healthcare team. Mastery consists of an in-depth understanding of anatomy, pathophysiology and treatment options combined with practical ability. This 5 module, online program equips the veterinary nursing team with fundamental dentistry principals in an easy, bite-sized format.
Buying this for another person or more than one person? If so, check the ‘Enable Group Purchase’ box and buy enough seats for everyone doing the course.
Help with buying for others.
The 5 modules include:
- The Oral Exam
- Dental Nomenclature
- Dental Treatment
- Dental Radiography
- Promote Your Dental Program
On completion, the veterinary nursing team will learn:
- Technical understanding of dental nomenclature, tooth numbering, anatomy and physiology
- The COHAT approach to identifying and treating dental disease
- Anatomy, physiology, nomenclature and abnormality identification relevant to the oral cavity
- Understanding of principles related to both prophylactic and advanced treatment options
- Technical understanding of the principles of dental radiography, intra-oral radiographic techniques, image orientation and radiation safety.
- The business behind dentistry – how dentistry can benefit the veterinary patient, client, team and business
Enrollment duration: 12 months