Clinical Intelligence: Dentistry (Foundation Skills)
Dentistry is a crucial clinical competency for all members of the veterinary healthcare team. Mastery consists of an in-depth understanding of anatomy, pathophysiology and treatment options combined with practical ability. This 5 module, online program equips the veterinary nursing team with fundamental dentistry principals in an easy, bite-sized format.
The 5 modules include:
- The Oral Exam
- Dental Nomenclature
- Dental Treatment
- Dental Radiography
- Promote Your Dental Program
On completion, the veterinary nursing team will learn:
- Technical understanding of dental nomenclature, tooth numbering, anatomy and physiology
- The COHAT approach to identifying and treating dental disease
- Anatomy, physiology, nomenclature and abnormality identification relevant to the oral cavity
- Understanding of principles related to both prophylactic and advanced treatment options
- Technical understanding of the principles of dental radiography, intra-oral radiographic techniques, image orientation and radiation safety.
- The business behind dentistry – how dentistry can benefit the veterinary patient, client, team and business
Enrollment duration: 12 months