As Veterinary professionals we often overlook the importance of our own self-care due to our demanding jobs. As we move through some of the busiest and most challenging times our industry has faced, it is more important than ever to stop and go inwards and focus on our wellbeing to maintain our resilience. Our own self-care practice can be a really easy way to do that when not over analysed. Before we start, we will take a few moments to participate in a short mindfulness/grounding exercise, if you choose to participate, if this isn’t for you, there will be no pressure to participate.
We will talk about ways to make allocating time to our own self care practices less daunting and more achievable. We’ll discuss what others do as part of their self-care routine with the aim of inspiring you to try them or something similar. We’ll also explore findings from a survey I conducted in 2019 of veterinary nurses and their self-care.
- 6 categories of Self-Care
- Real examples of Self-Care tactics from other veterinary professionals
- A short mindful breathing exercise
- How to plan self-care for yourself
- Interactive video lessons that should take up to 1 hour to complete
- You will have access as part of an active ProSkills Course Subscription
- You have access to the course for 365 days with individual course purchase
- Complete quiz activities to attain your certificate of achievement
- 1 AVNAT CPD point