Surgical Preparation for Non-Routine Procedures
When preparing for non-routine surgical procedures an understanding of causes of potential infection and asepsis is essential for positive surgical outcomes. In this session participants will gain an understanding of factors affecting infection, types of disinfectants and choosing which one for different procedures and how to prepare patients and the surgical site for procedures such as orthopaedics, anal, ocular, aural, paw and open wound surgery.
This course is suited to veterinary nurses and technicians that are preparing patients for non-routine procedures.
- Factors influencing infection and poorer outcomes
- Types of disinfectants and their uses
- Techniques and tips for preparing non-routine surgical procedures
- Clipping and scrubbing for limb, anal, ocular, aural and paw surgery
- Draping of surgical sites
Interactive lessons that should take up to 1 hour to complete
You have access to the course for 365 days
Complete interactive lessons to attain your certificate of achievement
- 1 AVNAT CPD point